Spin Cycle: Photo Essay

I love reading the Spin Cycle at Sprite’s Keeper. It’s not a Disney blog or even Disney related, but Sprite’s Keeper posts a topic every week and bloggers write some kind of entry based on that theme. This week’s theme is picture essays.

You had me at picture. Also essay.

So let’s do some audience participation! Here’s your pictures. Come up with captions, short fictional essay, or just your observations about these.

Big Thunder Ranch Smoking Area, June 2011

Ashtray souvenir, circa 1960s

Enjoy!

And special thanks to cousin Krissy for the ashtray picture!

9 responses to “Spin Cycle: Photo Essay

1. suzicate September 8, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I think I must be the only person in Amerca who has never been to Disney. Always wanted to go as a child, and then when I grew up there was always somewhere else I’d rather go!So cool you’ve been and have an ashtray to prove it!!!!

• Shelby September 8, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Ah, but the ashtray isn’t mine! 😦 It’s my husband’s mother’s cousin’s (how convoluted is that???). There are lots of people who haven’t been to Disneyland or the Mouse-in-Law (my name for Disney World in FL) but you should go sometime ;). In this blog I’m trying to do everything there is to do at Disneyland in a year, so welcome! You can live Disneyland vicariously through me :).

2. Michele September 8, 2011 at 3:49 pm

We went to Disney and all I got was this stupid ashtray. And, I don’t even smoke.
    Too sanctimonious? It’s all I can come up with right now, sorry.

3. MelindaB September 8, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Disneyland smoking area: for those who can’t forgo their addiction for one flippin’ day and just have fun with the kids.

I know, that sounds hostile, but my parents smoked when my sisters and I were growing up, and we all hated it. Then my dad had to quit for medical reasons, so my mom quit in support. Later, she couldn’t figure out why she’d done it for so long, because she was glad that she and her clothes no longer smelled like smoke, and her tastebuds weren’t tainted any more. And the rest of us were happy because we could breathe in the house again. 🙂

4. Lynsey G. September 9, 2011 at 7:15 pm

I didn’t know there were smoking sections in Disneyland

(seriously I didn’t, had to look it up since my husband is a smoker & he’ll want to have one in between rides…. and we’re going next week).

5. Roxann September 10, 2011 at 8:00 am

Big Thunder Ranch Smoking Area:

“Well, I don’t know, what do you want to do next? We could go on a ride. I’m hungry, let’s go eat. Who has the map? What are we near? No, I don’t want that. Split up? Why would we split up, this is a family vacation! One of us smokes, so now we all smoke!”

A funny story here, when we were at the Mouse-in-Law several years ago with our then 5 yo, she VERY loudly stated, while walking past the smoking area near the castle, that “There’s NO SMOKING at Disney!”

Ah, now if only that were true. I say, as a former smoker myself, move the smoking area out of the park!

6. Tori September 17, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Caption for ashtray:

Who sat on my vintage 1960’s ashtray from Disney that cost a lot more than a regular ashtray?!

7. Heather September 21, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Caption for ashtray:

“The castle really is a nice place to rest your butt”

Ugh, cheesy AND blasphemous. Sorry.