I Have No Idea What These Guys Are Called

No, seriously. Some blogger, eh?

My friend Lyn and I were walking around the park and I noticed that the Golden Horseshoe was no longer under construction, so we stopped in. There was already a comedy show in progress:

Who am I?

It was actually quite funny, particularly the guy in drag

Hey, back in Shakespeare's time all the female roles were played by men!

It actually reminded me of a very scaled-down version of the Hoop Dee Doo Revue at the mouse-in-law, which we loved.

Pure comedy gold

But I don’t know what these guys are called. And I lost the entertainment schedule that said who they were. The best thing the interwebz can come up with is Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, but I don’t think it’s them because I think they are all musicians and this was definitely a (short) show.

So I’m sure one of my sharp-eyed readers can help me out here.

The Golden Horseshoe features a quick-service counter

Step right up!

And lots of tables to sit at

Let's sit and have a bite

It’s also got a second story

Which affords a rather surprisingly fabulous view

And in addition to the tables, there’s also a general seating area upstairs

Yep, here it is.

The Golden Horseshoe was yet another one of those things I always walked right past at Disneyland. I’m glad I took the time to see it.

6 responses to “I Have No Idea What These Guys Are Called

1. WordyDoodles November 11, 2011 at 2:09 am

I can finally offer a tip!! See those alcoves on the sides of the stage? Back when I was in junior high, we discovered that you or anyone can sit in them! We would get to our show early (probably 30 – 45 minutes early– that’s how important we thought it was) to be the first in line and bust through the doors and run to the stage seats. The other people who line up early usually have this plan too, so it helps to have fast feet and a faster (and charming) smile.

Honestly, I don’t know if the show is better when you’re ON the stage. Probably better to see it from the actual audience vantage point. But it does feel special. And once I got picked to be the audience participant from there! Yee haw!

2. WordyDoodles November 11, 2011 at 2:10 am

p.s. to get into the alcove, you run up the stairs that seem to go toward the wall (not the ones that go onto the stage) and then go through the curtain. The stairs and curtain are what make people think its off limits. But you can go for it.

3. Lyn Miller-Lachmann November 11, 2011 at 7:17 am

I lost my entertainment schedule as well but maybe they’re regulars who’ll be on the schedule again. I rarely watch the shows, so this was a new experience for me and worth the time. And the Golden Horseshoe is a great space.

4. Kim H November 11, 2011 at 2:07 pm

These guys are the Laughing Stock Company. They are hilarious! Sally Mae is my fav! We’ve also seen them outside the Golden Horseshoe on a weekend.

By the way, the “box” on the right side of the stage is where Walt and VIP’s would sit. My mom and I were given a “Magical Moment” and a cast member invited us to sit there for one of the shows.

5. Rebecca L. November 11, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I think this is “The Laughing Stock Co” and it’s probably my favorite entertainment!
    “Billy Hill and the Hillbillies” also perform at The Golden Horseshoe on some days (it’s usually one show or the other) and I’ve also seen them, but it’s a different show. Also, I’ve seen at least 2-3 versions of the “The Laughing Stock Co” show – various scripts and even sometimes the same actors play different roles. 🙂

6. Amber November 12, 2011 at 7:19 am

You need to go see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. They are pretty talented musicians. DH and I had lunch at the Golden Horseshow and watched the show during our last visit. The group has been playing at Disneyland for some 20 or 30 years.