The MYWTM Family Is Growing Soon!!!
October 20, 2012
Posted by on
Hi guys! Still recovering from major surgery so no Disney posts, but I wanted to (finally) share some news.
In 2006, Kevin and I decided to grow our family through adoption. We started the process of adopting a little girl from China. After 6 long years, our dream has come true.
Please meet the soon-to-be newest member of the My Year With The Mouse family…
Violet Yuemin Hogan
A dream is a wish your heart makes…our dream was you
On the evening of November 7th we will board a plane to China. On November 11th we will hold Violet for the first time, and on November 21st we will officially become a Forever Family.
Please gather up your Pixie Dust and Disney joy and celebrate with us!
And in anticipation of some questions I know you have, here are some joyful facts:
- Violet will be 16 months old when we adopt her.
- She is currently living in Yunnan Province in Southwestern China.
- Her Chinese name is Yue Min. Violet Yuemin Hogan is the name we have chosen for her.
- Kevin, Theo, my mom, and I are all going to China for our adoption trip. Our adoption is finalized on the 21st, and if you’re looking at the calendar, that’s the day before Thanksgiving, and also 3 days before our wedding anniversary. We have so much to be thankful for this year!
- No, I haven’t purchased Violet’s first pair of mouse ears yet. But soon…very soon!!!
What was that you said? One more cute photo? Sure!
Violet is about 9 months old in these two pictures
(as for the future of this blog–please don’t worry, I WILL continue to blog about Disneyland! But I can’t make any promises about what and when. I always keep information current on Facebook so if you follow MYWTM on Facebook you can keep track of new posts when they arrive. You can also subscribe by clicking on the “Subscribe Me, Baby” button over there on the right. That will send an email directly to you when a new post comes up. Thank you all so much for being faithful readers and for understanding my new life circumstances. I hope you continue to read and enjoy MYWTM!)