Theo’s First Haircut

Yes Mouse Fans, it’s the post all of you have been waiting for (and by “all of you” I mean my mother): Theo’s First Haircut! Which was, as you may recall, our raison d’être for Disney World in the first place.

So let’s get on with the show. While the Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street does take walk-ins, there are only three chairs and I was advised to make an appointment. FYI: you make a haircut appointment through the WDW dining reservation number.

Theo’s hair was getting pretty shaggy, so we snapped a picture outside of the shop for posterity.

All dressed up and ready to go

Our barber was ready to get started. She set up the booster seat on the chair and we hefted him up. She pulled out a long strip of Mickey stickers and stuck them all over Theo’s tummy, shorts, and legs. He was immediately enchanted.

Will someone cut that kid's hair already? It's getting embarrassing.

So enchanted, in fact, that he didn’t even realize his hair was being cut.

First he moved all of the stickers to his right leg

He didn’t even notice when she wet his whole head down with the spray bottle. Those must have been some magical stickers because seriously, who doesn’t notice their head getting wet?

Moving beyond mere clothing, the stickers now belong directly on skin

She was nearly finished by the time he showed an inkling of interest.

Wait, is something happening? Like, to my head?

The haircut made him look like an entirely different kid.

Almost done! What a big boy!

And once it was all done, he received his First Haircut mouse ears and a Certificate of Bravery!

Ridiculously cute

Also ridiculously cute

It was worth the entire trip.

10 responses to “Theo’s First Haircut

1. Kristy February 16, 2011 at 6:43 am

way, way too cute. thanks

2. Sandra Nickel February 17, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Love him, love him, love him! Is he too cute or what!

3. Melissa Crytzer Fry February 18, 2011 at 6:17 am

What a great post, Shelby. That is TOO cute. I can’t believe how enthralled he was by the stickers. Great blog! Theo sure is a doll.

4. Nell March 22, 2011 at 3:00 pm

The women that work at the shop are absolutely AMAZING. Their work is wonderful and they put on a great show for those waiting to have their hair cut. I had mine done on my last trip and feel it would be worth the $19 (plus a grand or three…) to get it done again!

5. Kat S. April 27, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I love this post so much! Theo has grown up so much!

6. Denise May 1, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Theo has got to be one of the most beautiful children I’ve ever seen — congrats on having such a cutie! Lucky guy to get his first “real” haircut at WDW : )

7. Pingback: Answers!! « My Year With The Mouse

8. Pingback: Search Engine Roundup « My Year With The Mouse

9. Pingback: Which Is Better, Disneyland Or Walt Disney World? « My Year With The Mouse